- yield: 4 servings | 4人份
1 big cube tofu | 1磚豆腐
2 tomatoes | 番茄
a few slices of ginger | 薑片數片
3 litres water, adjustable | 水 (因應材料的份量，可自行調整)
Steps | 做法 :
- Wash the fish and ensure the dark membrane inside the fish is taken out and cleaned. Dry it with kitchen towel. Sprinkle with white pepper and a very thin layer of corn starch. This step helps pan-frying fish and keep the fish in whole.
- Wash the tomato, cut 2 big crosses on top and bottom and put in hot boiling water for 1 minute. Take out and peel. Cut to big portions.
- Brush some oil on a pan and fry ginger slices for around 20 seconds. Carefully slide the fish in. Let it stay for around 1~2 minutes over medium heat until one side becomes slightly brown then turn to fry the other side.
- Pour in around 3 litres of hot water or enough water to almost cover the fish body and bring it to boil. Let it simmer in medium low heat for about 20 minutes. (If you are afraid of the fish bones, drain and keep the fish soup only at this stage and continue as follows). Change to high heat, add tofu and tomato cubes into the fish soup and bring it to boil. Turn to medium low heat and simmer for about 10~15 minutes, until milky. Change to high heat again and boil for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste.
*Note | 心得 :
- If you are afraid of the fish bones, drain and keep the fish soup only before adding tofu and tomato.
- The recipe is flexible, you can use whatever green leafy or mushrooms instead of tofu and tomato.