A Chinese traditional tang yuan for Lovers' Day!
- Servings: 10 (around 36 balls) | 10人份 (大概36粒)
160g Cold water | 冷水
3 teaspoons Green tea powder | 綠茶粉 3茶匙
Red bean Filling | 紅豆餡餡料 : (Steps | 做法)
- divide red bean paste in 3g portion, total around 36 portions
Steps | 做法 :
- Mix glutinous rice flour with green tea powder, add water, mix well and knead to a dough. Cut 1/10 portion, pat flat and put in boiling water until cooked. Drain, when until it is not too hot, mix with the dough, continue kneading until the dough is smooth and not sticky. Roll the dough to a long roll, cut into small pieces, around 10g each, use both palms to shape to balls and cover them. Use both thumbs to press slightly at centre of dough and move it round like a bowl shape so you can stuff the red bean paste ball in. Close the ball and roll round with both palms and the tang yuan are ready!
- Cooking tang yuan: bring 9 bowls of water to boiling in a pot, add ginger slices, rock sugar and 1/3 piece of brown slab sugar until dissolved. Add tang yuan until they float to the surface, use chopsticks to slightly turn them around and continue boiling for another 1~2 minutes. Serve hot.
Tips | 心得 :
- Make a bigger portion red bean paste, separate into small bags and fridge, handy when needed.
- Remaining not cooked dumplings can be kept in the fridge and consume within 2 days. Put to frozen compartment can keep longer time.
Further attempts | 再接再勵 :