椰汁西米好味易做，配生果或芋頭變出不同美味來!Delicious sago in coconut milk, tastes vary with fruits and/or taro !
- Servings: 4
Ingredients | 材料 :
(A) Sugar solution :
600g Boiling water
100g Caster sugar
100g Small sized sago (no need to wash)
1 small can (165ml) coconut milk
1 teaspoon desiccated coconut (optional)
- Add sugar to boiling water, stir to dissolve, leave cool and chill for use.
- Bring water (2in high) to a boil in a big pot, switch to medium heat, put in sago, keep stirring with a wooden spatula.
- When it boils, add ice water (1 cup approx); when it comes to the second boil, add ice water (1 cup approx); cook until bubbles come up again.
- Wash a spoon of semi-cooked sago in running water, if the outer surface appears translucent but still has a little white spot inside, off heat, cover the pot for about 20~25 minutes.
- Test it again with running water, if it is completely translucent and can't see any white spot inside means it is cooked!
- Drain cooked sago in a colander, wash with ice water to wash away the sticky coating.
- Put drained sago in the chilled sugar solution in (1) above.
- Apportion, add coconut milk and desiccated coconut. Serve.
Tips | 心得 :
- Soak cooked sago in sugar solution and store in the fridge may keep up to 7 days.
- Cooking 100g sago will give approximately 410g cooked sago. Even if you cook 200g sago, there is no need to increase volume of sugar solution, i.e. same as in (A) above. Double quantity entertains more, would allow approximately 8 servings.
- May add other fruits like honeydew melon or taro ....